IKANN Skills & Security Consultants is a permanent Assessing Body of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Govt. of India. It is a group of experts for enhancing skill competencies in the arena of modular employable and vocational skills. The experts are committed to pay back to the society all their experiences.
India has youngest and largest work force in the world. Our objective is to work with full commitment and dedication in the arena of skill audit &assessment, inspection and certificationfor making India leader in skilled manpower in the world.
IKANN is committed to provide quality & professional services in the arena of assessment mechanism with latest technology backup including online assessment. It has empanelled highly qualified experts of different sectors of skill development and they are competent to conduct off line as well as online assessments task coming from India and abroad.
IKANN is committed to contribute towards the upliftment of socially and economically deprived youth by providing them free career counseling both online as well as through personal interactions. We take pride in implementing pro bono legal aid service to the needy.
To fulfill our mission following core issues will be taken in a focused manner
- To achieve the goal of certifying / assessing at least 30,000 trained & skilled manpower every year.
- To provide expertise for upgrading skill environment through quality assessment and consultancy in the arena of skill development.
- To develop mechanism of online assessment including developing question bank.
- To establish testing centres in the country for conducting online & offline assessment of DCA & TCA in the arena of sectors approved by Skill Development Ministry.
- To empanel competent and qualified assessors and get their competency certified under ACE for conducting quality assessment in various sectors under skill development schemes of States and Central Government.
- To develop the mechanism of continuous up gradation of skills and knowledge of assessors and ACE certification and to continuously evolve ways to measure competencies.
- To coordinate with organized and unorganized sectors of economy for identifying youths requiring up gradation and certification of various skills.
- To organize and conduct awareness seminars, workshops, for sharing various facets of skill development programs and to collaborate or organize the events of critical, national and international importance in India and abroad.
- To provide free career counseling & coaching to the needy youth and freelegal aid topeople from BPL group.
MISSION & VISION
MISSION- SKILLING INDIA FOR GROWTH ,DEVELOPMENT AND PROSPERITY –GDP
- Demographic Dividend – he Indian economy is widely expected to grow at sustained high rates over the next few decades and emerge as the largest economy by 2050. These robust projections have much to do with the demographic profile of the country. India is slated to have one of the youngest populations, with the bulk of the population figuring in the working age. However, in order to utilize this ‘demographic dividend’ effectively, India needs to impart adequate and appropriate skills to its workforce.
- Removing Skill Gap – kill and knowledge are the driving forces of economic growth and social development of any country. In rapidly growing economy of India with a vast and ever increasing population, the problem is two fold. On one hand, there is a sever paucity of trained and skilled manpower, while on the other, large sections of the population possess little or no job skills. There is also an urgent need to develop & upgrade their skills to increase productivity in order to compete successfully in the global economy, to reverse apartheid imbalances and to create a more inclusive and cohesive society .There is an utmost need of safe and secured working environment and continuous up gradation of vocational skills.
- SHIFT From Conventional Education to Vocational Skills – We cannot squarely depend upon conventional education mechanism to empower the youth with vocational skills but we need to develop and maximize their potential by providing high quality, good valued integrated training and development opportunities for enhancing their skills, competency, commitment and financial self reliance.While 56 percent of the higher education institutes are devoted to arts, ten percent to science and commerce ;seven percent to medical colleges, engineering & technology colleges and six percent to polytechnicsof total institutes. The dominance of general education has prevented the bulk of the population from acquiring skills required by the manufacturing and service industries. The attempt has to be to reconcile the empirical study of the education sector with the neoclassical literature on human capital as a determinant of sustained growth with special focus on skill development.
- Labor Force with Updated Skills – The education system churns out students that are not immediately employable and skill up-gradation on the job is low; implying that a large section of the currently employed labor possesses outdated skills. The current skill training setup, comprising of ITIs and Polytechnics, caters to only 2.5 million people. This further compounds the demand supply gap. Market outcomes are not favoring the expectations of the labor force.
Assessment & Certification of Skill Development program States &Govt of India.
We are empanelled as PAB with DGT, Govt of India, Ministry of Labour& Employment and Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, to carry out assessment under Skill Development Initiative Scheme of Government of India, in following 71 sectors of Modular Employable Skill (MES), pan – India :
AIMS OF THE PROCESS
The assessment process aims to test and certify the competency of the persons through Assessing Bodies who seek certification of their skills acquired informally or the persons who have been trained at the registered VTPs.
The main objective of assessment and certification is to measure the competency of the trained youth to perform the tasks required in the work environment by gathering evidence of performance and evaluate against agreed criteria. The process for assessing the skills should be valid, authentic, current, and reliable with proper documentation to remove any subjectivity or ambiguity in the assessment. It is pertinent to mention that keeping in view our capabilities and competencies MSDE has given additional responsibilities of conducting assessment of additional 40 sectors. Now IKANN Skills & Security Consultants Pvt. Ltd have been authorized by MSDE to conduct assessment in all sectors of SDI,MES (71) throughout the Country.
We do the certification on 2 counts i.e. theory and practical .Theory is of one hour and practical is of 4 hour. Theory paper consists of multiple choice questions, true false and questions having brief description . Practical paper consists of four themes and viva. We have developed the data bank of question on different sectors. The sources of questions are experts of the advisory board and empanelled assessors and question bank of National Instructional Media Institute (NIMI). We have developed at least 10 sets of each module .They are randomly used for conducting theory and practical assessments. The assessors have clear instruction to open the seal of papers only at the examination center in the presence of VTP administrator .
We endeavor to bring qualitative improvement in the skill development sectors ensuring high standards of assessment ,making the dream of our Honorable Prime Minister of “Making India” coming true.